Only 50 runner slots available!
The Tsalteshi Backyard Ultra is the first sanctioned Backyard Ultra in Alaska. Competitors run a 4.167-mile loop an hour, every hour around the clock, for as many laps as they can complete. The last person to complete the loop in an hour is the winner.
The winner of the Tsalteshi Backyard Ultra receives a Bronze Ticket, which entitles them entry to the regional Tartarus Backyard Ultra in Spokane, WA, on July 30. The winner of that race gets a Silver Ticket and proceeds to a national race.
$75.00, which includes a T-shirt.
- Participants must start the loop at the top of the hour (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms, competitors may not leave the course until each loop is completed.
- Whatever time is left in the hour after completing a loop may be used for rest, eating and drinking, etc.
- No non-competitors on the course.
- No personal aid on the course.
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles).
Course, tents, parking, etc.:
- The course loop begins and ends at the Wolverine Trailhead on Kaliforsnky Beach Road. The same loop will be used day and night. The course is not lighted at night — welcome to the land of the midnight sun!
- Runners should provide their own aid; however, water and first aid stations will be provided at the trailhead.
- Support crews are allowed (but not required) at the trailhead. No support is allowed on the course.
- Outhouse facilities will be provided at the trailhead.
- Event parking is across K-Beach Road at the Soldotna Regional Sports Complex. There will be a drop-off lane at the trailhead but all participants and spectators must park across the street.
- Each participant may set up a tent (up to 10x10) at the trailhead.
- There is no electricity at the trailhead. Bring a gas grill or stove if you wish to cook.
- There is no water at the trailhead. Cups of water will be provided for runners at the trailhead but plan to bring your own water for cooking, refilling bottles, etc.