The Gauntlet is a checkpoint race where the riders decide their own route. Starting at 2 PM sharp, the goal of the race is for the riders to complete as many laps as possible within the 3-hour time limit. All laps or partial final laps must be finished by 2 PM. riders returning after the time limit will default to their last completed lap.
At the start of the race, the map of checkpoints (all located on Tsalteshi property) is revealed and riders are handed a copy of the course. Riders then must navigate to each of the checkpoints listed, collect a page from each checkpoint, and return to the start finish area to begin a new lap. Riders are responsible for choosing their route between each checkpoint, for finding each checkpoint, and for riding within the safety rules of the event.
5 out of 5 participants say its their favorite race of the year!
Registration opens at 1:30. There is a mandatory riders meeting at 1:45 PM, race starts at 2 PM sharp.
The rules of The Tsalteshi Gauntlet 2023*
1. The Bear/Dragonfly singletrack is downhill only, the all other singletrack is bi-directional. Practice good trail etiquette and yield to uphill riders.
2. Goat, Bear, Rabbit and the steep downhill on Raven are only to be ridden in the correct direction. As in, steep hills are only to be ridden as they would be skied.
3. Any singletrack entered must be ridden for the duration of that section. That means after reaching the checkpoint, riders must continue in the same direction until they exit that segment of singletrack. No turning around on the trail, creating your own trail, or using social trails.
4. To complete a lap and start a new one, riders must acquire pages from all checkpoints and return to the finish area. For their final lap riders may complete a partial lap, gathering pages from as many checkpoints as possible and returning to the finish area before 5 pm. Any riders not in queue to turn in pages by 4:59:59 pm will not have their last lap count.
5. Anyone who runs into another rider will be disqualified. It's an endurance race, not a sprint. Take the time to avoid one another
6. No bringing bikes into the start/finish queue. Please lay them outside and stand in line.
*rules of the race are subject to change at any time during or before the race, per the race directors discretion.